Home > India News > Other States > Fire breaks out at cinema hall in Kolkata during late-night show

Fire breaks out at cinema hall in Kolkata during late-night show

 Agencies |  2018-08-06 04:09:24.0  0  Comments

Fire breaks out at cinema hall in Kolkata during late-night show

Kolkata: A fire broke out on Sunday at the Priya cinema hall in the Deshapriyo Park area of Kolkata during a late night show, fire brigade officials said.

The audience made a hasty exit after the smoke filled the auditorium at around 10:15 pm, shortly before the show was to end, they said.
There is no report of any casualty, the officials said, adding that five fire tenders were pressed into service.
Four members of the cinema hall's owner's family and a staff were trapped on the roof. They were evacuated by fire brigade personnel, sources said.Fire-fighters gave them oxygen masks as they were been brought down by the stairs, the officials said.
West Bengal Fire Services Minister Sovan Chatterjee and senior fire brigade officials later rushed to the spot. Chatterjee said all those who were trapped on the roof were evacuated safely.
Sources said it is suspected that the fire was caused by a short circuit.
The minister said all angles, including the possibility of the fire originating from a ground floor restaurant, would be investigated.
Noted Bengali actor Dev also visited the spot.

Tags:    
Share it
Top