New Delhi:�The Coast Guard on Friday ordered a Board of Inquiry (BoI) against its DIG B K Loshali after finding �unsatisfactory� his reply to a show-cause notice on his controversial remarks that contradicted government�s stand on sinking of a suspicious Pakistani boat. In a bid to counter the controversy over Loshali�s remarks that he ordered the blowing up of the vessel, the Coast Guard also released a video of the operation to buttress its claim that the Pakistani boat sunk after its four occupants set it ablaze when chased. It also asserted that the Commanding Officer of the Coast Guard ship �Rajratan� did �received no communication� from Loshali, who is the North West Region Chief of Staff of Coast Guard. �Suitable action will be taken on receipt of the proceedings of the BOI,� a Coast Guard statement said. Contradicting the government stand, Loshali had said that he ordered the blowing up of the Pakistani boat, which was on a �suspicious� journey. Loshali's comment left the government red faced as Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, the Defence Ministry and the Coast Guard were maintaining that when the boat was set ablaze by its occupants. Though Loshali said he was misinterpreted, the Coast Guard served a show-cause notice to him on February 18. �The reply to the notice has been received and is found to be unsatisfactory. Therefore, in accordance with the extant procedures, a Board of Inquiry has been ordered to investigate the details and establish the facts,� the statement said. The Coast Guard also �clarified� that it stands by the information released to media by Defence Ministry on January 2. Loshali is believed to have apologised to the Ministry but it seems that it has not cut much ice. There were also claims that Loshali had faced disciplinary actions earlier, too, but they could not be verified. In Islamabad, Pakistan dismissed the Coast Guard claims. �Yes we have seen the media reports. Having remained shrouded in mystery since day one, the drama of the so-called �terror boat� is now unfolding,� Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Tasnim Aslam was quoted by PTI as saying. �As we had mentioned earlier, our authorities conducted their own investigations in the wake of Indian media reports. These investigations concluded that neither any Pakistani boat was missing nor is there any evidence so far to suggest that it was a Pakistani boat,� she said.
Updated : 21 Feb 2015 7:45 AM GMT